2017 had it’s ups and down but now it’s time to say Good-Bye. As I look to tomorrow and 2018, I had to take a moment and realize my expectations. But before you look forward you have to take a minute and look back…
How Did I Start 2017…
As I looked at you before you came I declared you were my year of INTENTIONAL! The year I was going to go after things intentionally. I published the book God told me to from the very beginning, I gained my voice. I hired a business coach and saw clearly that I could live a life doing exactly what He called me to do. I was intentional about going after my dreams, visions and goals. Then LIFE started coming and I started being less intentional and more faithful. I thought I lost everything I had finally gained. I looked failure in the face and allowed my faith to be the intentional force that drove me. I made the most daring, scariest decision I’ve ever made and left the comfort of the known for the unknown.
As I begin to walk into 2017 I wondered what I would declare it. To be honest I was afraid to declare what 2017 would be because what if what I thought didn’t turn out the way I thought it should. The word reap began to play over and over again. Would this be the year I reap all that I’ve sown? That word reap scared me more than any word I declared over my life. So I went to church on the last day of the year and through song and the Word all I heard over and over again was victory, I got this and THRIVE. So again I will let my faith lead and declare 2017 the year iTHRIVE!
I will THRIVE this year in the midst of the storms, because of the storms and through my storms. iTHRIVE because my faith is intentionally leading my life!
Did 2017 live up to the word I declared over it?
Those were the words I spoke over 2017 before it began and now it is at its end. As I sit here and reflect on 2017 before 2018 begins I realize I was victorious but not in any of the ways I thought I would be. I was victorious is becoming the person He created me to be, I was victorious in making decisions for my life and not folding when I got scared. Heck, I was victorious in giving birth the natural way without any help or meds even though it didn’t look like that was going to be possible. See my victory can’t be measured in how much money I made even though, I made real money in my business for the first time. My victory, can’t be measured by outside things because it wasn’t for the outside world it was for me.
What are my expectations for 2018?
As the days in December dwindled I began to wonder what word I would carry into 2018. I tried to make up my word, I tried to convince myself what my word should be and nothing stuck, came to mind or made since. And then one night while dreamfeeding the baby it hit me like a ton of bricks. FRUITION! i repeated it over and over, I got excited, I got scared, I decided that word was too big, I said F it to my fear and then my spirit settled and I believed that 2018 is all about the vision coming into Fruition.
Fruition according to Webster is the point at which a plan or project is realized; literally the state or action of bearing fruit. Now I know fruition is one of those good old church terms but I needed to know exactly what the Bible said about it. What tickled me pink is the word is only in the Bible once… How about them apples.
“My dynasty is approved by God, for he has made a perpetual covenant with me, arranged in all its particulars and secured. He always delivers me, and brings all I desire to fruition.” 2 Samuel 23:5 NET
Do y’all see that it literally says brings all I desire to FRUITION!
Write the Vision and Make It Plain Habakkuk 2:2
So let me just go ahead and make what I desire plain…
- A healthy, happy, close knit family
- To be recognized, paid and rewarded for my work within the Black Community specifically the Black Family
- To be not just a source of inspiration but a teacher to my sisters (not biological but community wise)
- To support my children as they grow throughout the year
- To see financial gain like nothing I have ever imagined
- To build my business successfully
- To buy our first home (my only wish is everyone has their own room and I have an office)
- To have a car big enough for all these kids that isn’t a mini van that I can pay cash for (you have to be specific)
- To have my books in bookstores across the nation
- To see my friends and family with amazing potential, great purposes, and direct download visions moving and working as they should have been years ago (yes I threw shade and blessed them at the same time)
- To host the 1st Black Family Conference and it be a success not just in impact but in record breaking attendance and monetary gain (again I’ve got to be real specific)
So here’s to 2018 being about my dynasty, my legacy being particular, secured and Jesus bringing it all into FRUITION!